Epson launches unique, new, high quality photography desktop printers
A3+ (13-inch) SureColor P706 and A2+ (17-inch) SureColor P906 incorporate breakthrough advancements from large format printers to produce the highest quality prints
SYDNEY, 2 June 2020 – Epson has launched a real breakthrough in professional printing technology with the introduction of the A3+ SureColor® P706 and A2+ SureColor P906 desktop photo printers. Replacing the award-winning SureColor P600 and SureColor P800, these new printers draw from over 20 years of experience to incorporate the same large format printing technology used by the world’s leading photographers into a sleek, compact design, allowing for the creation of exhibition quality prints from the convenience of the desktop.
With the introduction of the SureColor P706 and SureColor P906, a new generation of photographers will experience a real breakthrough in printing technology which truly redefines not only the photographic print but also the printing workflow.
The new SureColor P706 and SureColor P906 are the smallest professional A3+ and A2+ printers in their class, with a 30 percent size reduction from Epson’s previous generation printers and are designed for use in photography, graphic design, fine art, and illustration businesses.
SureColor P706 and SureColor P906
The printers tout a new 10-channel MicroPiezo®- printhead to increase productivity, with dedicated channels for both Photo and Matte Black ink types and with no ink switching necessary. Featuring new UltraChrome® PRO10 pigment ink* with Violet, the SureColor P706 and SureColor P906 deliver an extremely wide colour gamut and support Advanced Black and White Mode to create unparalleled, professional black and white photographs.
Epson’s new printers and inks are undergoing comprehensive ten-factor testing at the Wilhelm Imaging Research, the world’s leading independent print permanence testing laboratory, with a range of papers and canvas and with both colour and B&W prints made using Epson’s Advanced Black and White Mode. The results for the Epson 10-color UltraChrome PRO10 pigment inks in the new SureColor P706 and SureColor P906 are stunning museum quality prints with very impressive WIR Display Permanence ratings.
or the first time, users can easily print directly from iOS® devices2 to the SureColor P706 and SureColor P906 in a colour managed workflow. Using an updated mobile version of Epson Print Layout software, full support and colour management tools are provided for iPhone and iPad printing. These printers also feature a new print driver mode – Carbon Black – which dramatically increases Dmax by up to 5 percent, for best-in-class black density and reduced bronzing and gloss differential on glossy papers.
The SureColor P706 can accommodate both roll and cut sheet media, and the SureColor P906 accommodates cut sheet media and an optional fully enclosed roll media adapter supports both 2-inch and 3-inch rolls and roll printing up to -18m long. Additional features include a 4.3-inch customisable touchscreen, upgraded wireless connectivity including 5GHz and an interior LED light to watch the progress of a print.
More about the SureColor P706 and SureColor P906 desktop photo printers
Designed to help photographers reproduce every detail of their creative vision, the new SureColor P706 and SureColor P906 incorporate a range of features to produce exhibition quality prints from the convenience of a desktop:
• Outstanding image quality and colour — All-new UltraChrome PRO10 Ink with Violet produces a wide colour gamut for vibrant and rich colours
• No Photo and Matte Black ink switching — Dedicated channels for both black ink types with no switching needed
• New 10-channel MicroPiezo printhead — Consistently delivers prints with outstanding speed, consistency and accuracy; supports variable size droplet technology as small as 1.5-picoliters for remarkable output quality
• Easy printing from smart devices — Print colour-managed files directly from an iOS device2 with an easy-to-use interface
• New Carbon Black Driver technology — All-new Carbon Black Driver mode dramatically increases Dmax for best-in-class black density on glossy papers
• Professional media handling — Accommodates rolls3 and sheet media up to 1.5 mm thick of Epson Professional and Signature Worthy® as well as third-party media
• Easy to use — Features 4.3-inch customisable touchscreen, wireless connectivity and interior LED light
• Compact design — 30 percent smaller than the previous generation
• Industry-leading print permanence — UltraChrome PRO10 ink is expected to create prints that last up to 200 years for colour and 400 years for black-and-white1
Pricing and availability
The SureColor P706 (RRP $1,295 including GST) and SureColor P906 (RRP $1,995 including GST)) will be available from July onwards on www.epson.com.au and through Epson Authorised Resellers across Australia.
Epson’s new A3+ SureColor® P706 and A2+ SureColor P906 desktop photo printers
Follow Epson on social media:
* This product uses only genuine Epson-brand cartridges. Other brands of ink cartridges and ink supplies are not compatible and, even if described as compatible, may not function properly or at all.
1Print Permanence in testing. Ink lightfastness rating based on accelerated testing of prints on specialty media, displayed indoors, under glass. Actual print stability will vary according to media, printed image, display conditions, light intensity, humidity and atmospheric conditions. Epson does not guarantee longevity of prints. For maximum print life, display all prints under glass or lamination or properly store them. Visit www.wilhelm-research.com for the latest information.
2 Most features require an Internet connection to the printer, as well as an Internet- and/or email-enabled device. For a list of Epson Connect enabled printers and compatible devices and apps, visit www.epson.com/connect
3 Roll media handling is standard on SureColor P706; optional on SureColor P906