Media Release: Monday, 16 September 2019
Foxtel GO to be the go-to mobile app for all Foxtel customers and their families
Foxtel today announced it will focus on its Foxtel GO mobile app to provide a simplified experience for Foxtel and Foxtel Now customers and their families who use their mobile phone or tablet to enjoy the best of TV and on demand, all in one place.
Foxtel Chief Product and Strategy Officer Alice Mascia said: “We have been investing in the Foxtel GO app to provide all our customers with the best of TV and on demand on their mobile device.
“By focussing on one app, we will also add more value for Foxtel Now customers by providing access to popular features and support from Foxtel GO that were previously unavailable on the Foxtel Now app.
“These features include a preview screen to watch show trailers, an expanded Kids homepage and support for Android 10 and iOS 13, providing them with an even better mobile experience.”
· From 17 September, Foxtel Now customers previously using the Foxtel Now mobile app, will be directed to download the Foxtel GO app via Apple’s App Store for iPhones and iPads or Google Play for Android smartphones and tablets.
· For customers using Chrome or Safari browsers on their PC or laptop, Foxtel can be watched at watch.foxtel.com.au.
· Foxtel GO is available for all Foxtel and Foxtel Now customers as part of their subscription, at no extra charge.
· Customers can register Foxtel GO on multiple devices and watch it on two screens at the same time, meaning more access to Foxtel for every corner of the household.
· New Foxtel customers can be up and running in Foxtel GO as soon as they sign up, without the need to wait for their main service to be installed.
· From 17 September, customers using the Foxtel Kids app will also be directed to download the Foxtel GO app which features a dedicated kids’ homepage including Parental Control options ahead of the retirement of the Foxtel Kids app in January.
Ms Mascia added: “Foxtel GO means Foxtel customers and their families never need to miss out on big sporting moments or new drama, anytime, anywhere when they’re
away from the big screen or away from home