Media Release: Thursday September 19, 2019
Champions of Sport Movie Event
Watch on Movies More from Friday October 4 – Monday October 7 or Stream on Foxtel, Foxtel Go and Foxtel Now
**CLICK HERE TO VIEW PROMO**
Finals footy fever is here and Foxtel Movies is celebrating with a four day Champions of Sport Movie Event that will get you up on your feet cheering all October long weekend.
Foxtel Movies will play 23 of the most unforgettable sporting movies of all time from hard hitting American Football, Rugby and Boxing, to the finesse of Motorsport, Baseball and Horse Racing – all showcasing the dizzying highs and crushing lows of some of our greatest sporting moments captured on the silver screen.
Experience the hope, unity, dedication and inspiration of being in the winner’s circle and stream Foxtel’s collection of sports movies or watch back to back on Foxtel Movies MORE (Channel 410) over four days from Friday October 4 beginning at 6am to Monday October 7, 2019 and available to stream On Demand until Wednesday October 16. Movies shown as part of Champions of Sport Movie Event include:
· Critically-acclaimed and Award-winning American Football movies including The Blind Side (2009) starring Sandra Bullock, Al Pacino’s Any Given Sunday (1999), Friday Night Lights (2004), and Remember the Titans (2000); blockbusters Gridiron Gang (2006) and Invincible (2006); fan favourite Varsity Blues (1999) starring James Van Der Beek; and Adam Sandler’s comedy smash hit The Waterboy (1998).
· Feel good baseball favourites A League of Their Own (1992) starring Tom Hanks, Geena Davis and Madonna; and Bull Durham (1988) starring Kevin Costner and Susan Sarandon.
· Matt Damon and Morgan Freeman teaming up in Invictus (2009) bringing to life the momentous rugby game when South Africa won the World Cup in 1995.
· The best of boxing movies including Rocky (1976), Creed II (2018), and Grudge Match (2013) all starring Sylvester Stallone from the Rocky franchise; along with Hilary Swank’s Million Dollar Baby (2004); Muhammad Ali’s Greatest Fight (2013) chronicling Ali’s opposition to fighting in the Vietnam War; and Warrior (2011) starring Tom Hardy and Joel Edgerton.
· Chris Hemsworth’s motorsport movie Rush (2013) and Wayne (2018) the story of Wayne Gardner; the epic horse racing film starring Tobey Maguire Seabiscuit (2003); hilarious basketball movie Semi-Pro (2008) starring Will Ferrell; Kevin Costner’s golf movie Tin Cup (1996); and The Wrestler (2008) with Mickey Rourke.
For more information, please visit foxtel.com.au