Media Alert: Tuesday April 18, 2017
1000 Greatest Songs Of All Time Winner Announced
he results are in and MAX fans have spoken! The number one Greatest Song of All Time on MAX is… “Bohemian Rhapsody” by Queen. The ground-breaking 1975 hit from Queen is joined in the Top Ten by iconic artists John Lennon, Guns N’ Roses, Nirvana, Michael Jackson and The Rolling Stones.
Hosted by MAX’s legendary music critic, journalist and record producer, Molly Meldrum over the Easter Long Weekend, the 1000 Greatest Songs Of All Time countdown included 11 Johns, four Georges, a King, a Prince and a Queen. The artists who dominated the 1000 Greatest Songs of All Time included INXS, Michael Jackson, George Michael, Queen and David Bowie, however it was U2 who polled the most entries with 14 incredible songs. Music from the 1980s flooded the countdown with 37 percent of the songs, closely followed by the 1990s with 24 percent. Thirty-one artists in the countdown are known only by a mononym including Cher, Madonna, Prince and our very own Sia.
The Max 1000 Greatest Songs Of All Time Top 10:
1. “Bohemian Rhapsody” Queen
2. “Sweet Child O’ Mine” Guns N’ Roses
3. “Smells Like Teen Spirit” Nirvana
4. “Imagine” John Lennon
5. “You’re The Voice” John Farnham
6. “Stairway To Heaven” Led Zeppelin
7. “Purple Rain” Prince & The Revolution
8. “It’s A Long Way To The Top (If You Wanna Rock ‘n’ Roll)” AC/DC
9. “Thriller” Michael Jackson
10. “(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction” The Rolling Stones
The MAX 1000 Greatest Songs Of All Time countdown was determined using viewer votes, feedback from industry experts, chart ratings and song popularity. The full list of all 1000 Greatest Songs of All Time is now live at maxtv.com.au.