Media Release: Tuesday, September 1, 2015
Presto in September
MR. ROBOT all episodes and Mrs. Brown’s Boys, exclusive to Presto; plus hits Heroes, 30 Rock, Parks and Recreation set to arrive
Presto today announced key programming streaming in September, starting with the finale of MR. ROBOT season one which will be added this week (September 4). Described as “The Social Network meets ‘Occupy Wall Street’”, MR. ROBOT follows Elliot (Rami Malek, The Pacific), a young computer programmer who works as a cyber-security engineer by day and as a vigilante hacker by night.
Also coming in Presto is a collection of the best programming from NBCUniversal, including:
· Mrs. Brown’s Boys (seasons 1-3) – a comedy series telling the story of an Irish matriarch, whose favourite pastime is meddling in the lives of her children;
· 30 Rock (seasons 1-7) – an American comedy that follows Liz Lemon (Tina Fey) as the head writer for a live comedy show in New York as she juggles the egos of an increasingly erratic cast;
· Heroes (seasons 1-4) – explores the lives of ordinary people who discover superhuman abilities, and how these abilities take effect in the characters’ lives against a backdrop of good vs. evil;
· Grimm (seasons 1-2) – introduces homicide detective Nick Burkhardt, a descendent from a long ancestry of ‘Grimms’, not just fairy tale story tellers, but hunters charged with protecting humanity from supernatural creatures;
· Parks and Recreation (seasons 1-5) – an American sit-com filmed in the same pseudo-documentary style of ‘The Office’ and set in the dysfunctional parks department of a fictitious American town.
Presto’s curated special collections for September celebrate Father’s day and the Emmy Awards and take a look at some of the best comedies and most bingeable TV available:
‘Celebrating TV Dads!’
· Modern Family (Presto exclusive)
· Everybody Loves Raymond
· The Sopranos (Presto exclusive)
· Big Love (Presto exclusive)
· Packed to the Rafters (Presto exclusive)
‘A History Lesson With your Binge Session’
· Rome (Presto exclusive)
· Penny Dreadful
· Turn: Washington’s Spies
· Mr. Selfridge (Presto exclusive)
· Hell on Wheels
· From Earth to the Moon (Presto exclusive)
· Deadwood (Presto exclusive)
‘Emmy Awards Fever
· Veep (Presto exclusive)
· The Good Wife
· Modern Family (Presto exclusive)
· Sex and the City (Presto exclusive)
· Nurse Jackie
· MR. ROBOT (Presto exclusive)
· Aquarius (Presto exclusive)
· The Walking Dead (Presto exclusive)
· Boardwalk Empire (Presto exclusive)
· Entourage (Presto exclusive)
· Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Presto Movies and Presto Entertainment subscribers will be able to enjoy new movies being added to the Presto roster in September including:
· Heathers – a black cult comedy starring Winona Ryder, Christian Slater, and Shannen Doherty about four teenage girls, three named Heather, in a dark clique at a fictional high school.
· Raging Bull – directed by Martin Scorsese and starring Robert DeNiro charts the story of a boxer’s rise through ranks to earn his first shot at the middleweight crown and the downward spiral that costs him everything.
· Wedding Crashers – Jeremy (Vince Vaughn) and John (Owen Wilson) are divorce mediators who spend their free time crashing wedding receptions to drink for free and to hit on women.
· Boyhood – Tracks the joys and pitfalls of growing up through the eyes of a child named Mason (Ellar Coltrane), his parents (Patricia Arquette, Ethan Hawke) and his sister and filmed with the same cast over the course of 12 years.
· Nightcrawler – Louis Bloom (Jake Gyllenhaal) stumbles into a career as a cameraman making his mark in search of shocking and grisly crimes. When his footage catches the eye of a news director in search of better ratings, Louis goes to increasingly greater lengths for the ultimate shot.
· Goodfellas – Ray Liotta stars as a young man growing up in the mob and enjoying a life of money and luxury, but oblivious to the horror that he causes as his life unravels on his way to the top.
For consumers yet to subscribe, Presto is currently offering new customers a free 30-day trial^ of the Presto Entertainment bundle subscription, providing access to Presto’s full TV and movie libraries.