Media Release 9 March 2015
THE RISING STAR OF FORMULA 1®, AUSTRALIA’S DANIEL RICCIARDO, HAS JOINED FOXTEL AND FOX SPORTS IN A LONG-TERM PARTNERSHIP BEGINNING IN 2015
· Ricciardo to be the face of FOX SPORTS coverage of the FIA Formula One World Championship™ on Foxtel
· Ricciardo to provide exclusive in-depth post qualifying interviews for FOX SPORTS at every Grand Prix
· Ricciardo made a Foxtel and FOX SPORTS brand ambassador
· FOX SPORTS’ LIVE, High Definition coverage of the 2015 FORMULA 1 ROLEX AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX begins Friday, 13 March
Daniel Ricciardo has signed on as an official ambassador of the Foxtel and FOX SPORTS coverage of the FIA Formula One World Championship™.
The 25-year-old Infiniti Red Bull Racing driver will provide an exclusive in-depth one-on-one Post Qualifying Interview at all Formula 1™ Grand Prix Races for FOX SPORTS, plus dedicated interviews for Foxtel and FOX SPORTS programs and publications throughout the season. He will also appear as the face of the Foxtel and FOX SPORTS coverage of the FIA Formula One World Championship through its marketing and promotion of the series.
The long term deal will also see Daniel headline marketing and promotional campaigns for Foxtel and be a brand ambassador for the company’s wide range of subscription television services.
Ricciardo, who is aiming to win his first Grand Prix on home soil at this weekend’s 2015 FORMULA 1 ROLEX AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX, said: “I am really looking forward to racing in front of my home crowd again in Melbourne this weekend. To hear the crowd support right across the weekend and to see all of the Aussie flags and the Number ‘3’ in the crowd gives me an enormous lift. I will be out there giving it my very best in Melbourne and right across the Formula 1 season.
“Foxtel and FOX SPORTS have made an amazing commitment to Formula 1, which is incredible news for fans. Never before have fans in Australia been able to watch everything on television, from the first practice through the Championship Race at every Grand Prix.
“I know that Formula 1 fans are going to love what they are getting this season, and I’m sure that this amazing level of exposure for the sport will inspire many more Aussie kids to watch and even aspire to race in a Formula 1 car,” he said.
FOX SPORTS CEO, Patrick Delany, said: “Anyone who has been lucky enough to meet Daniel quickly realises that he is a down-to-earth character who is just absolutely passionate about what he does. He’s got that big beaming smile and he’s the brightest young star in Australian motorsport.
“Daniel is a wonderful ambassador for Formula 1 and Australian sport and we look forward to hearing his insights throughout the Formula 1 season, along with our LIVE High Definition coverage of every Championship Race, qualifying and practice session,” he said.
Perth-born Ricciardo made his breakthrough racing performance in 2009 when he won the British Formula Three® Championship, paving the way for his Formula 1® debut as a 22-year-old at the 2011 FORMULA 1 SANTANDER BRITISH GRAND PRIX.
The proud West Australian then produced the drive of his career to win the FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX DU CANADA 2014 with Red Bull, his first ever Formula 1® victory, before adding the Hungarian and Belgian first place wins to finish 3rd overall in the FIA Formula One Drivers’ World Championship™.
Foxtel CEO, Richard Freudenstein, said: We are absolutely thrilled to have someone of Daniel’s calibre, and character, representing our brand.
“With special exclusive access to Daniel throughout the season, there is even more reason for Formula 1 fans to subscribe to Foxtel,” said Freudenstein.
FOX SPORTS BROADCAST SCHEDULE
2015 FORMULA 1 ROLEX AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX
LIVE IN HD ON FOX SPORTS 506 (FOX SPORTS 5)
Fri 13 Mar, Day 1 from 12.00pm EDT
Sat 14 Mar, Day 2 from 1.45pm EDT
Sun 15 Mar, Final Day from 11.30am EDT
2015 FIA Formula One World Championship™ Calendar
1. March 13-15: Melbourne, Australia
2. March 27-29: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3. April 10-12: Shanghai, China
4. April 17-19: Sakhir, Bahrain
5. May 8-10: Catalunya, Spain
6. May 22-24: Monte Carlo, Monaco
7. June 5-7: Montreal, Canada
8. June 19-21: Spielberg, Austria
9. July 3-5: Silverstone, Great Britain
10. July 17-19: TBA, Germany
11. July 24-26: Budapest, Hungary
12. August 21-23: Spa-Francorchamps, Belgium
13. September 4-6: Monza, Italy
14. September 18-20: Singapore
15. September 25-27: Suzuka, Japan
16. October 9-11: Sochi, Russia
17. October 23-25: Austin, United States
18. October 30-November 1: Mexico City, Mexico (New event in 2015)
19. November 13-15: Sao Paulo, Brazil
20. November 27-29: Yas Marina, Abu Dhabi
LIVE access to FOX SPORTS’ complete Formula 1® offering will also be available to Foxtel sports subscribers on Foxtel Go and Foxtel Play. FOX SPORTS is available to Foxtel sports subscribers.