Epson Launches New Perfection V850 Pro Photo Scanner
New Perfection V850 Sets Industry Standards for Pro-Level Scanning Quality, Speed and Control
SYDNEY, 16 August 2016 – Epson Australia has launched a new photo scanner, the Epson Perfection V850 Pro, that further builds on the success of its award-winning range. The V850 Pro is an advanced scanning solution that consistently delivers precise colour and detail for film and photo archiving and reproductions. Featuring 4800 x 6400 dpi optical resolution1 with a 4.0 Dmax optical density and Epson’s exclusive dual lens scanning system, the Perfection V850 Pro is a powerful performer for advanced amateur and professional photographers.
Epson Australia General Manager Sales & Marketing – Consumer Division
Bruce Bealby said, “With the Perfection V850 Pro Epson has incorporated everything we have learned on how to scan the perfect image. The result is an advanced level of quality and performance for photographers and graphic designers. Digitised portfolios, unparalleled photo reproductions and other film applications can now be easily and affordably created in-house.”
The Perfection V850 Pro delivers very high quality, speed and productivity across a range of positive and negative film formats – from 35 mm slides and film strips to medium format 6 x 20 cm and 4” x 5”. Featuring the energy efficient ReadyScan™ LED light source, the V850 Pro uses 23 percent less power than previous models and offers faster scans with no warm-up time required.
The scanner also features newly designed film holders which have sturdier frames for more consistent scans, three height adjustment levels for greater control and an anti-Newton ring plate for improved scan quality. For increased productivity and to minimise retouching costs, the V850 Pro scanner features Digital ICE™ technology to automatically remove defects such as dust, scratches and creases from films, slides and photos.
As the flagship scanner in Epson’s photo range, the Perfection V850 Pro also adds high pass optics with anti-reflection optical coatings and a high-reflection mirror to improve image quality and performance while delivering up to 33 percent faster scans. It is also equipped with two sets of film holders, allowing users to prepare for the next scan while the first batch is scanning.
Additional Perfection V850 Pro features include:
• High Optical Density (4.0 DMax): Smooth gradations and fine shadow detail offer remarkable tonal range and highly accurate tone reproduction.
• Exclusive Dual Lens System®: Optimise each scan with this system, which automatically selects from two lenses for the desired scan resolution. The High Resolution Mode is used to achieve 4800 dpi (reflective 8.5” x 11”, transparency 8” x10”) and super resolution lens mode is used for 6400 dpi (film scanning).
• Advanced Film Scanning: Quickly scan slide-packs and negative strips into printable contact sheets with the 8” x10” transparency adapter.
• Robust Software Bundle:
• Epson Scan with Easy Photo Fix® restores faded colour photos back to their original brilliance.
• LaserSoft Imaging® SilverFast® SE Plus Version 8 controls highlights and shadows, gradations, selective and global colour sharpening, and de-screening.
• Epson Copy Utility copies documents and photos with ease.
Pricing, availability and warranty
The Epson Perfection V850 Pro (RRP AUD$1,399) is available now at a range of resellers and online at www.epson.com.au.
All scanners come with Epson’s top-of-the-line service and support, including a one-year limited warranty with extended Cover Plus options.
1 Optical resolution is the maximum scan resolution of the CCD elements, using the definition of ISO 14473.
NOTE: EPSON, Easy Photo Fix, Perfection, ReadyScan, and Dual Lens System are registered trademarks and EPSON Exceed Your Vision is a registered logomark of Seiko Epson Corporation. All other product and brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims any and all rights in these marks.
The new Epson Perfection V850 Pro scanner