D-Link ANZ Launches Next Generation DGS-3630 Series Layer 3 Stackable Managed Gigabit Switches with PoE
Enhanced hardware, software, features and performance for SMB, enterprise and ISPs
SYDNEY, 22 May 2018 – D-Link ANZ has expanded on its portfolio of next generation Layer 3 Managed Gigabit Switches – the DGS-3630 series – with two new models supporting PoE. The range now offers Power over Ethernet (PoE) models including the DGS-3630-28PC with 24 PoE+ Gigabit Ethernet ports, and the DGS-3630-52PC with 48 PoE+ Gigabit Ethernet ports. With both models also supporting 4 x 10GbE SFP+ ports, these new additions to the range means that the DGS-3630 series now offers a solution for all potential Layer 3 network environments.
Working with wire-speed performance, the DGS-3630 series of switches is designed to aggregate all traffic in a network. Together with high reliability and availability, and with built-in 10 Gigabit uplink ports and a flexible stacking architecture, the DGS-3630 series is the ideal core switch in medium or larger sized businesses, including financial, manufacturing, corporate, enterprise or Data Centre networks.
The D-Link DGS-3630 series was independently tested and verified as having outstanding performance by Tolly, a leading global provider of third-party validation services for vendors of IT products and services who concluded, “The D-Link DGS-3630 switch matched or exceeded the performance of the Cisco system Catalyst across all performance tests.’’
Full Tolly Report: http://www.tolly.com/DocDetail.aspx?DocNumber=217112
DGS-3630 Series Key Features: –
1. Embedded 10 Gigabit SFP+ stacking/uplink ports provide high bandwidth port density.
2. The intelligent Switch Resource Management (SRM) feature provides profile-based resource management that allows administrators to quickly allocate switch resources depending on the needs of different applications. DHCP auto-configuration and auto-image upgrading can be used to configure and upgrade multiple switches automatically.
3. The Auto Surveillance VLAN feature enables the switches to prioritise surveillance traffic in the network to provide effective surveillance system management.
1. The hardware-based Solid Dying Gasp feature allows the switch to retain enough power to automatically send out an alert message in the event of device failure.
2. The unprecedented built-in 6 kV surge protection feature minimises the risk of switch damage resulting from electrical surges, thus reducing service downtime and repair costs.
3. An RJ-45 alarm port to control external sensors and alarms
Additional Features include
1. Power over Ethernet (PoE+) support with up to 740W PoE Budget
2. Extensive Routing Feature: Static routing and full L3 routing protocol suite for enterprise integration, including OSPF, BGP, VRF-Lite and L3 multicast.
3. Multicast Routing: Enhanced efficiency and optimised performance by eliminating traffic redundancy and distributed applications.
4. MPLS (Multi-Protocol Label Switching): Support L2VPN and L3VPN. Faster speed of performing lookups for destinations and routing for advanced applications.
DGS-3630-28PC – RRP AUD$3999.00 and NZ$5199.99
DGS-3630-52PC – RRP $7799.00 and NZ$10299.99
The DGS-3630-28PC and DGS-3630-52PC Layer 3 Managed Gigabit Switches
More images of the DGS-3630-28PC and DGS-3630-52PC can be found here: