Check out this cool Video. 🙂
Media Release: Thursday June 30, 2016
Foxtel drama heats up this winter
Winter has come and there’s even more to keep things sizzling with
Fear the Walking Dead, The Kettering Incident, Ray Donovan and more
Fresh from one of the highest rating seasons of Game of Thrones in Foxtel history, Foxtel has announced a slate of drama currently airing or coming soon, that is bound to heat up the screen this winter.
Game of Thrones season six, with a weekly cumulative audience of 1.2 million viewers, and a new record-breaking overnight number of 737,000 for the final episode, left drama lovers hungry for more, and Foxtel has a host of incredible drama ready to feast on.
Foxtel’s award winning showcase channel features:
· The Kettering Incident – A ground-breaking Foxtel Original Drama starring Elizabeth Debicki and Matthew Le Nevez and shot entirely in Tasmania. The Kettering Incident follows Anna Macy (Debicki) who left the town of Kettering when she was 14 after her best friend mysteriously disappeared. When she returns after 15 years she finds a community in crisis. Her reappearance causes an even greater stir with rumours about what really happened during her friend’s disappearance on everyone’s mind. When another girl disappears under similar circumstances, Anna is driven to discover the truth (airing from July 4).
· The Night Of – One of the most anticipated new HBO drama events, The Night Of delves into the intricacies of a complex New York City murder case with cultural and political overtones (airing from July 17).
· Ray Donovan (season 4) – Ray (Liev Schreiber) is a complicated fix-it man for Hollywood’s rich and famous. He’s the go-to guy that makes ‘problems’ disappear for athletes, celebrities and anyone can afford his services; but, Ray’s past is constantly haunting him along with a troubled family and an unpredictable father out to settle old scores (now airing).
· Ballers (season 2) stars Dwayne Johnson as Spencer Strasmore, a former NFL superstar who trades on his name and past success to help new up-and-comers and sports veterans alike navigate the big league and all of the pitfalls that come with it (airing from July 19).
Popular drama channel FX brings viewers:
· Fear the Walking Dead (season 2, part 2) – The companion series to The Walking Dead has taken the world by storm and explores another shattered group of survivors who set out on the open seas in search of a safe harbour to call home in the midst of the zombie apocalypse (airing August 22).
· Kingdom (season 2, part B) – Kingdom introduces us to Alvey Kulina, who runs a mixed martial arts gym in Venice, California. He trains fighters along with his sons, Nate and Jay, while navigating the challenges of raising a family and dealing with the inherent violence of his trade (airing July 28).
The best of British drama comes on BBC First, with:
· Peaky Blinders (season 3) – A gangster family epic set in 1919 Birmingham, England, just after World War I. The drama centres on the Romani Peaky Blinders gang and heir ambitious boss Tommy Shelby (Cillian Murphy) who is out to expand his criminal organisation in the face of challengers on both sides of the law (airing from June 30).
· The Musketeers (season 3) – In a retelling of the classic story, The Musketeers follows three of the best soldiers in the king’s regiment who are committed to upholding justice in an ongoing battle to maintain order against all forces determined to sabotage them and their homeland (airing from August 11).
Foxtel is home to a massive selection of many of the world’s most popular shows, from our own locally produced hits to must see programs from around the globe. Foxtel is available to watch live or when you want Anytime, anywhere on-demand, via Foxtel Anytime^, on internet connected iQ boxes, through Foxtel Play and can be streamed to select tablets and smartphones through Foxtel Go all as part of an existing Foxtel or Foxtel Play subscription.
Media Alert: Tuesday June 28, 2016
Game of Thrones finale breaks its own record
Season 6 finale the most watched program in Australian Subscription Television history
Monday’s final episode of Game of Thrones season 6 reaped huge audience numbers recording the highest overnight total audience in subscription television history.
Game of Thrones S6 final episode on Foxtel’s Showcase Channel, was the number one program on Foxtel yesterday recording a total audience of 737,000 with more viewers to add once the consolidated data becomes available.
Brian Walsh, Foxtel’s Executive Director of Television, said, “This was an outstanding performance for the Games of Thrones Season 6 finale, which clearly impacted on opposition programming last night and demonstrates the significance of Foxtel and subscription television as a major entertainment provider.”
The final episode’s overnight figures at 737,000 viewers trumped the premiere episode one of Game of Thrones S6 at 727,000 which was the highest ever watched program in Australian Subscription Television history, smashing its own record.
The Game of Thrones S6 audience has held throughout the season pulling in a cumulative average audience of 1.2 million viewers per episode, which is 45 percent higher than S5.
The phenomenal season on season improvement in audience is dwarfed by the growth versus S1 which is unrivalled around the world. The S6 audience is 600 percent or 1 million viewers higher than S1.
The cumulative audience comprises live and encore viewing over the first seven days following the initial premiere broadcast, time-shifted recorded playback, and viewing via Foxtel Anytime.
Game of Thrones season 6 is currently available to view on demand in Foxtel’s streaming service Anytime, or encore screenings are available at various session times on the showcase channel.
Following the end of Game Of Thrones from next Monday July 4 at 8.30pm, the highly anticipated Australian psychological thriller, The Kettering Incident, premieres on showcase starring Elizabeth Debicki and Matthew Le Nevez.
Check out this cool Video 🙂